What do you get out of it?
- You benefit from concentrated knowledge, which we make available to you in the form of studies and industry surveys, and you are assured of a head start in information about current topics.
- You expand your networks thanks to our working group meetings and events (Glass Congress, symposiums, workshops) all over Germany.
- You can get actively involved in industry-relevant topics and help us to exert political influence whenever this is necessary.
- You update and expand the expertise of your employees thanks to our wide range of technical training courses in the form of online seminars (BF webinar programme).
Why should you support BF as the voice of the industry?
- We work actively on standardisation – for example, the industry is consulting us to agree its position on the glass assessment standard DIN 18008.
- We set quality standards – for example, our guidelines on visual quality and on curved glass have been incorporated into industrial standards.
- We put our weight behind high-grade products – for example triple insulating glass or, at present, safety glass below the balustrade height.
- We are the accepted body to contact at the political level – for example we have in recent years prevented, on three occasions, glass surfaces from becoming smaller whenever amendments were made to German Energy Conservation Regulations (EnEV).
- We are operating in strategic cooperative partnerships with other associations and alliances – for example we are promoting energy-efficient modernisation within the Federation of German Industries (BDI) and the German Energy Agency (dena), and are committed to the "Impulse für den Wohnungsbau" scheme to improve housing.
- We handle public relations work for glass – for example with press articles and information for end users on the internet.
Are you interested in becoming a member? The BF still has room for competent glass companies...
The current Articles of Assocation can be found here. Please contact us if you require any further information.